Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wilderness

I raised my head and looked. I saw two girls coming opposite walking towards the bench opposite to me, a group of 6 sitting on the bench chatting and making fun in the farther corner of the garden. I can hear their sound. I heard some noise, I turned around and saw 3 men and 2 ladies talking loudly and walking towards the bench where I am sitting.

Yes, I am not walking alone in the wilderness in some other world. I am here in this world, here in the garden next to my office, sitting on the bench under the Neem tree  and there are people around me. I am not walking alone in any wilderness.

I sit upright and watched.  Everywhere I can see people moving around me, in groups. Small group to big group and I saw few couples too. But I couldn’t find anyone like me. Even if they are sitting they are no alone and mum like me. They all are energetic, happy and talking endlessly and some are laughing loud too. Almost all have a cup of tea with them. I too have a cup of tea, a half full cup. I don’t know what happened to the other half tea. I don’t remember when I drank it or whether I drank. I don’t know.

The tea is still steaming. I joined the steam and started flying with it. I flew pass the people, their sound, the garden and my office is now a small point. Sooner I reached the same wilderness. I saw myself wandering there, no one near me and even no one I can see till the far horizon. I started walking here and there. I am lost in some thoughts but I can’t say what that is. One thing I can feel is the pain which some memories are bringing. The memories of my friend, of my closer ones and the time I spent with them in the mainlands.

Again I heard some noise; I raised my head and looked. I saw two girls sitting opposite to me on a bench and speaking in some alien language. I have seen them somewhere, it took some time to realize they are the same girls who were walking towards the bench opposite to me and I realized they are speaking in English.

Yes, Again I am back. I am sitting on the bench under the Neem tree and there are people around me. I am not walking alone in any wilderness.

No comments: