Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Am I too short??

Am I too short??
My 6ft height went useless today to cover a short man.  Still I remember that short man I met today night near the fast food shop.

I was on my way back to home after a grand shopping. At that time Shopping was becoming my new mode of spending money. What I had to do with the whole money I was getting was one of the the main question I faced then. I found my answer too and it was spend it by buying all sort of comforts. The turn to that night shop was also a kind of that. But later it became a life big turn I made in my life. It was a suggestion from my friend to go to that night shop to taste the tastiest chicken rolls we can get in Pune.

I stood in front of that shop leaning to my Bike waiting for my order. A few more bikes were also parked there. Beside me two kids were playing running around and climbing on the Kinetic Honda parked next to mine.  I kept a distance from them since I don’t want to spoil the color of the brand new Jeans and Shoe. One of that two kid is too small, he ran very close to me. He wore shorts which was too over sized and was tied around his waist with a tiny rope. Seeing his body one may say he works in a mine or some coal factories.

The other boy, fortunately he had a shorts and an extra sized shirt with 2 or 3 buttons on it. The shirt was flying when he run. It was a multi colored one. Of all the colors the dominated one was Black. He might have got it from the place he sleeps. That brown and red may be the result of his extreme playing. And that red spots might be the blood from the wounds on his hand. But from where came the green, Ah. It may the color of the shirt once it had.

He was sitting on that bike next to me. I moved a bit more away from him because I want to be clean outside and also I didn't like to give any money to them if they ask. To keep my face away from them I engaged in other stuffs, some not required stuffs. I started cleaning my goggles, checking phone for new messages  and turned to the other side and engaged my eyes in wandering through the people and expert cooks of the shop and there mesmerizing speed. 

The wait was too short. we got the roll we ordered. I was relieved much because Now I not had to look here and there, just finish the food and run away from the scene. I was fully concentrated on the plate when I saw a shadow pass through the plate. It went past me. I detached my eye from the plate and raised my heard. It was that short guy, walking towards his Kinetic Honda. He had a broad body and he looks of my age. That thick spectacles says he too is working like me in some IT company. With a poker face he walked towards his bike. 

Seeing the owner, the boys started to crawling down from the seat. 
Ahh.. what a scene is waiting for me, I thought. I was too curious to see the reaction of the short  guy. Enjoying the food I was preparing myself to see how he kick that boys from his bike. 

He came near the boys, the elder was trembling and the younger was standing forgotten what to do. 
He caught the hands of that boys and went to the dark corner of the shop. I adjusted my place and kept my eye wide open to see what all are going to happen there. 

The next thing that short man did surprised me. He bend down asked
" Do you had food"
"No" said the elder one.
"Here is your order sir" Said to the waiter to that man.

He took it and give it to that kids and ordered two more. Then he sat with the boys and started feeding them. The kids were overjoyed and was eating their unexpected dinner.  

I became numb seeing this, was completely blank, what to do. it was My friend's call woke me up. when I turned around to see him, he was throwing the half eaten roll to the waste basket.


  

No comments: